Wife asking for a divorce

Question ID: 31960

Assalam o alakum


Maulana Sb I am in a deep trouble these days. My wife is asking me since the last couple of years to divorce her because she does not feel comfortable having a sexual relationship with me. We have been married for almost 12 years now and we are living together as well. I love her very much and I cant even think about leaving her. Unfortunately, we are also not blessed with a child as well. we have visited to several doctors as well in this regards, all the test were positive no issues on that. Every one is saying just pray to Allah and that we are doing.

Now the problem is that my wife is of the view that she is not giving me my rights which I should get by not involving with me in a sexual relationship and as per her view in Islam its a sin and she should have to leave her husband. She had also contacted some Islamic scholar who also give her the same advice. But I never meet any Islamic scholar in this regards. So I don’t know. Since the beginning she did not feel comfortable having a sexual relationship with me now it become worse. But I personally don’t have any issue with the lack of Sexual relationship. I love her because of her personality and her well being not because of a sexual relationship. I believe that a day will come when she will become comfortable with me. I don’t want to leave her just because of the lack of a sexual relationship. Infact I don’t want to leave her she is asking me.

Currently I am based on Srilanka for some of my official work and she is in Karachi. I wanted her to come to srilanak with me but she refuses to come. I am a Muslim and I pray 5 time a day with jamat even in Srilanak despite worsen situation.

Maulana Sb Considering the above kindly advice me what should I do in this respect?

Maulana sb I know you are a bit busy but to me this matter is a bit urgent and I shall be greatfull to you if I could get a quick response from you in this regards.

I am assuming that you will keep my name and e.mail address as confidential
Jazaka Allah.

Marked as spam
Asked on September 8, 2014 4:05 pm
Private answer

Go to your local Aalim. Divorce is the last resort.

Marked as spam
Answered on September 8, 2014 4:05 pm