salary increase

Question ID: 31505

My husband started working on temporary basis for a company 3 years ago. They were not paying him well as he was a temp/half day worker. He managed to arrange a family sponsor who agreed to sponsor him R1000 a month from his side lilllah voluntarily. After working for about a year with the company,they decided to promote him to a proper employee as he now proved himself to the company so they agreed to pay his full wages and they also told him that he must give them the R1000 every month which he was receiving from his relative(Is this correct for them to tell him to give them the money from his relative?)
He has been giving them this money for about 1 year now(which i dont think is necessary and its not valid for them to ask him as he is working for them and they must pay him and what agreement he has with his relative is seperate)
Anyway the company has not given their employees a pay raise for about 2 years now and his salary is not sufficient for us so I told him to tell the company that he cannot manage to give them R1000 every month as it is difficult for him to get the money from his relative every month(which is true as his relative delays a lot in giving him) The company said its fine if he cant give them the money as they are paying his salary. Can we now keep this R1000 if he gets it from his relative as this has nothing to do with the company,this is between my husband and his relative?

Marked as spam
Asked on November 16, 2012 11:58 am
Private answer
Marked as spam
Answered on November 16, 2012 11:58 am