Assallaam waalaikum dear Mufti
Please read what is been circulated by the deviated sect. i think a response should be in order.
“The Anatomy of MEHFIL-E-MILAD For Munkir-e-Milad
Please read with open heart and mind. May Allah give you courage to accept the TRUTH
REQUEST: PLEASE MAKE COPY OF THIS LITERATURE AND DISTRIBUTE AMONG YOUR FAMILY, RELATIVES AND FRIENDS
If somebody tells me that celebrating the birth of the Prophet Muhammad is Kufr, Shirk or Bid’at? I will ask that person only one question and end the discussion, please show me where in Quran or Hadith it is mentioned that commemoration of Milad-un-Nabi on any day specially on twelve Rabi-Awaal is not allowed? On contrary, in Quran Allah Himself narrated the detail of Adam creation and the detail story of the birth of Hadrat Essa (Jesus) Alai Salam. Almost all the messengers of Allah Ta’ala has been foretelling their ummah the coming of the last Prophet MuhammadrMuhammad is a vital link between Allah Ta’ala and Mankind and Love of the Prophet Muhammad is an essential part of one’s Iman. Thus Allah Ta’ala commands Muslims to follow (Muhammad ) in Quran as “Say: O, people! if you do love Allah, follow me , Allah will love you and forgive your sins” (Surah Ale-Imran, Verse 31). . The direction is double sided. On the one side, One must follow the Holy Prophet if one loves Allah Almighty , while on the other, one must follow the Holy Prophet if one wants to be loved by Allah Almighty. In other words, as far as love of Allah Almighty is concerned, the follow-up of Holy Prophet is a pre-requisite. This is what Allah Almighty declares. Now listen to what the Holy Prophet declares: “That is, none of you is Momin (believer) unless I am dearer to him than his parents, his children and all other persons.” (Sahih Bukhari). All other persons would naturally include all relatives, friends, authoroties etc. It is this divine love that every Muslim Momin feels in their hearts and pay the highest respect to our beloved Prophet after Allah Ta’ala and when the month of Rabi-Awwal comes these Ashiq-e-Rasul start celebrating the birth of their master (Aaqa) Muhammad with great joy in the form of Mehfil-e-Milad.
Unfortunately, among us there are those who mislead innocent Muslim brothers and sisters by calling Mehfil-e-Milad shirk, Bid’at etc, etc and prevent straightforward Muslims from commemorating the birthday of the holy prophet and thus denied them from receiving great blessing of Allah Ta’ala. Also it has seen that those who object on celebrating birthday of our prophet when it comes to their own children they forget all shirk and bid’at fatwa and celebrate their children’s birthday or Aqeeqa willingly.
The purpose of this literature is to show our Muslim brothers and sisters that commencing Mehfil-e-Milad is not against the sharia but it is in accordance to the spirit of Islam. If some one does not like Mehfil-e-Milad it does not mean that celebrating mehfil-e-Milad itself is wrong. In other words if someone does not practice Islam it does not mean Islam itself is bad.
A typical Mehfil-e-Milad consist of the following events. The sequence of events may vary but almost all Milad-un-Nabi gathering consist of all or majority of the following events.
Recitation of Quran-ul-Hakeem
Speeches on the life of the Prophet Muhammad
Distribution of sweets or Dinner
Now I will Analyze each event and see if it is in accordance to Islam or not. The objective is to prove, if an individual event is in accordance to the Shariah then the whole event collectively is also permissible?
RECITATION OF QURAN-UL-HAKEEM
Nobody has any objection in reading or recitation of the Holy Quran.
Hamd is a way to praise the Almighty Allah Subhana Ta’ala. Every particle in the universe say Tasbeeh of Allah Ta’ala. Zikr-e-Allah is peace of heart for the momin. Munkir-e-Milad has no objection on i.
Naat-e-Rasul is a way to praise our beloved prophet in the form of poetry or rhymes. Reading Naat gives heart burns to the Munkir-e-Milad and once again they show their animosity against Naat by calling Naat Khawah Mushrik and Bidatti etc.
Let see how Quran-ul-Hakeem praises the Sahib-e-Quran , therefore we find the following verses in the honor and praise of Muhammad Mustufa in the Holy Quran:
“And We have exalted for you your remembrance” (Surah Al-InShirah, V-4)
“Undoubtedly, Allah and His Angels send blessings on the prophet the communicator of unseen news, O you who believe! Send upon him blessings and salute him fully well in abundance” (Surah Al-Ahzab, V-56)
“I have sent you as a blessing for the whole Universe” (Quran Surah #21:107)
“The Prophet is nearer to his lovers (momin) than their own souls” (Quran Surah #33:6)
“He who obeys the Messenger, indeed he obeys Allah” (surah: Nisa, verse:80)
“We have indeed in the Apostle of God a beautiful pattern (conduct) for any one whose hope is in God and the final Day” (Surah: Al-Ahzab, verse:21)
“Many a time I (Almighty) have seen, you turn your face towards sky. I will make you turn towards a qiblah (direcetion) that will please you” (Quran Surah #2:144)
“He stood on the uppermost horizon; then drawing near; and was at a distance of but two bows’ length or even closer” (Quran Surah #53:7-9)
“Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them an Apostle from among themselves.” (Quran Surah #33:56)
“Raise not your voice above the voice of the Prophet. Lest your labours should come to nothing without your knowledge” (Quran Surah #49:2)
“Whatever the Apostle gives you accept it; and whatever he forbids you, refrain from. And fear Allah, for Allah is strict in punisment”(Quran Surah al-Hashr)
My dear muslims these are the few verses from the Quran where Allah Ta’ala honors and praises His most beatiful creation Muhammad . The Quran is full of such Praises and honors for Rasulallah (salallahoalaihewasalam). There are several hadees where Rasulallah (salallahoalaihewasalam) himself ordered Hasan bin Thabit to read poetry in his praise. I wonder what munkir-e-Milad would be thinking of Allah Ta’ala and Rasulallah now?, but we the lover of Rasulallah (salallahoalaihewasalam) believe that praising anybody within the boundary of Shariah is in fact indirectly praising Allah Ta’ala who is the creator of all universe. The example is like that if somebody praises a building for its beautiful construction that means indirectly he is also praising the people who were behind this construction i.e. the architect, the designer, the builder etc. If praising somebody is sin or bid’at or shirk then (God forgive) every one of us is committing this sin by praising one’s father, mother, son, daughter, teacher, leader or anybody in any aspect. Finally if Munkir-e-Milad proves where in Quran Allah has drawn a line for praising His prophet , we will stop there but instead Quran said about Rasulallah “And We have exalted for you your remembrance” (Surah Al-InShirah, V-4) When Allah Ta’ala raises the remembrance of prophet Muhammad then who on Earth has power to lower it.
SPEECHES ON THE LIFE OF PROPHET (salallahoalaihewasalam)
Our beloved prophet Muhammad Mustufa is the symbol of Islam. No one can talk about Islam without mentioning his name mubarak . He is a vital link between Allah Ta’ala and mankind. No matter how many times we say LA-ILAHA ILLA-ALLAH we will not be a Muslim until and unless we say MUHHAMADUR RASUL ALLAH, even our namaz (which is solely for Allah Ta’ala) will not be completed until we say “ASSALAMO ALAIKA AIYOHUN NABI” in tashhud (while reciting Attaiyaat) , when Allah Ta’ala did not separate His Habib’s name from His name then who are we to by pass him . If Muhammad had not come in this world then we would have no Islam, no Namaz, no Zakat, no Ramadan, no kabba and no Hajj. That is why Allah Ta’ala declared in Quran that “Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them an Apostle from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in scripture and wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error” (Surah: Ale-Imran, verse:164). and ordered believers to rejoice on His bounty as in this verse ” And the bounty ofyour Lord, recite and proclaim” (surah:Ad-Doha, verse:11). Al-hamdolillah, for us believers, Muhammad is the greatest bounty (Nemat) (gift) of all and Allah orders believers to rejoice on His bounty therefore we celebrate Eid-e-milad-un-Nabi gatherings and spread the words of Islam by shading light on various aspect of the life of our beloved prophet . Indeed for us believers, Eid-Milad-un-nabi is a real Eid because without Muhammad (salallahoalaihewasalam) there would have been no Eid-ul-fitr or Eid-ul-Adha either!
SALAT (DAROOD) -O-SALAM
In the Quran Allah Ta’ala commands believers to send Salat and Salam to His Habib Muhammad Mustufa as stated in this verse “Undoubtedly, Allah and His Angels send blessings on the prophet the communicator of unseen news, O’ you who believe! send upon him blessings and salute him fully well in abundance” (Surah Al-Ahzab, V-56). In a hadith mubarka “AbuMas’ud al-Ansari who was shown the call (for prayer in a dream)–narrated it on the authority of Mas’ud al-Ansari who said: We were sitting in the company of Sa’d ibn Ubadah when the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) came to us. Bashir ibn Sa’d said: Allah has commanded us to bless you, Messenger of Allah! But how should we bless you? He (the narrator) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) kept quiet (and we were so much perturbed over his silence) that we wished we had not asked him. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) then said: (For blessing me) say: “O Allah, bless Muhammad and the members of his household as Thou didst bless the members of Ibrahim’s household. Grant favours to Muhammad and the members of his household as thou didst grant favours to the members of the household of Ibrahim in the world. Thou art indeed Praiseworthy and Glorious”; and salutation which you know.” (Sahi Muslim). In another hadith Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “Invoke many blessings on me on Friday for it is witnessed. The angels are present on it, and no one will invoke a blessing on me without his blessing being submitted to me till he stops.” I asked whether that applied also after his death, and he replied, “Allah has prohibited the Earth from consuming the bodies of the prophets; so Allah’s prophet is alive and given provision.”(Al-Tirmizi)
Well, the above verse of Quran and hadees leaves no choice for Munkir-e-Milad but to send Salat wa Salam on our master Muhammad (salallahoalaihewasalam). But because of animosity toward lovers of Rasulallah (salallahoalaihewasalam), the Munkir-e-Milad object on sending Salat wa salam to our beloved prophet (salallahoalaihewasalam) in standing position. In reply, we say that no where in Quran or Hadees, Allah or His Messenger (salallahoalaihewasalam) mentioned in what position we have to send Salat wa Salam. It is entirely upto believers in what position he or she invokes salat-o-salam, whether while sitting or laying on bed/floor or standing still or walking, it does not matter. Since we respect our beloved prophet (salallahoalaihewasalam) the most after Allah Ta’ala, it is the demand of this respect that we stand up and send Salat-o-Salam to the Prophet (PBUH)
There are categories of Munkir-e-Milad, some believe in Dua, some not and some have become so advanced in their beliefs that they say since Allah Ta’ala knows every things there is no need for Dua. (Astagfirullah). On the contrary, in Quran Allah ta’ala commands the believers to make Dua as stated in the following verses.
“When my servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I litsen to the prayer (dua) of every suppliant when he calleth on Me” (surah: baqra, verse:186). In another verse Allah Ta’ala said “Call on your Lord with humility and in private” (surah Al-Ahraaf, verse 55). Even our beloved Prophet , who is free of all kinds of sins and faults, used to make dua all the time. Are we superior than our master Muhammad that we feel no need of any dua? Let us see what Allah Ta’ala said about those arrogant and ignorant people who feel they do not need to invoke any dua, thus Allah said in surah Momin (Gafir) “And your Lord says: Call on Me; I will answer your (prayer): But those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell – in humiliation!”. (surah: Momin, verse 60). In another place Allah said “When the suffering reached them from Us, why then did they not learn humility? On the contrary their hearts became hardened, and Satan made their (sinfull) acts seem alluring to them.” (surah:Al-Inaam, verse 43).
DISTRIBUTION OF SWEETS OR DINNER
I don’t know what kind of objection Munkir-e-Milad have on distribution of sweets or eating dinner. Don’t they eat in Weddings or Walimas or Aqeeqas or Fund raising dinners or Birthdays or any other parties? The Mehfil-e-Milad can also be commemorated without any sweet distribution or having dinner. This is not a must part of the Mehfil, if one cannot afford or does not want to serve food, he or she can celebrate Milad-un-Nabi without serving food to their guests. The distribution of sweets or dinner is carried out as a token of love. The dinner is served just for the convenience of guests so that they don’t have to cook at 11 or 12 midnight when they get back home.
My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, the above explanation from Quran and Hadees for each component of the Mehfil-e-Milad clearly proves that holding such kind of gathering is not against Islam but actually it is accordance to the very spirit of Islam where Muslim brothers and sisters get to gather and listen words of Allah Ta’ala and His habib (salallahoalaihewasalam). In the same token other gatherings like Shab-e-Barat , Shab-e-Meraj , Shab-e-Qadar , Geewarwhee-Shareef etc where speeches on Allah and His messenger (salallahoalaihewasalam) are given are gathering of khair (virtues) and should be attended by all Muslims.
TWO MAJOR OBJECTIONS WHICH MUNKIR-E-MILAD USES AS A WEAPON TO MISLEAD OUR INNOCENT MUSLIMS SPECIALLY OUR SIMPLE GOD FEARING MUSLIM WOMEN.
Objection #1 Mehfil-e-Milad was not in the days of the Prophet therefore it is a Bid’at (i.e. new innovation).
Objection #2 Saudi Arabia does not celebrate Milad-un-Nabi therefore it is wrong to celebrate Mehfil-e-Milad.
My dear friends, any simple person with lack of religious knowledge can easily be deceived by the above two objections and fall into Munkir-e-Milad trap. I will refute the above two objections so that when Munkir-e-Milad try next time to mislead our innocent Muslim brothers and sisters they won’t fall into their web. There are hundreds of books already written by the scholars of Ahle-Sunnat-wal-Jamat on topics of Bid’at and Celebrating Milad-un-Nabi, I am not going to write another book on Bid’at but to give you just basic definitions and examples and leave upto you to decide whether the claim of munkir-e-Milad is applied on Mehfil-e-Milad or not?
REPLY TO OBJECTION #1
Those who opposed to Mehfil-e-Milad reference a hadees from Miskhat Shareef in which the Prophet (salallahoalaihewasalam) said “Whosoever introduces a new belief in our religion which contradicts with it is rejected.” He also said “Beware of innovations, for every innovation (Kullu Bid’at) is misguidance.” But those hypocrate Munkir-e-Milad never cite another hadees from the same book which is in favour of good innovations, thus a Hadith in Miskhat under Babul-I’lm says: “He who sets a good precedent in Islam, there is reward for him for this (act of goodness) and a reward for him also who acts according to it subsequently, without any deduction from their rewards and he who sets in Islam an evil precedent there is upon him the burden of that, and the burden of him also who acts upon it subsequently, without any deduction from their burdens.” From this Hadith we see that to introduce a nice way in Islam which is in accordance with the Holy Quran and Sunnah will induce rewards and to do vice versa will provoke punishment.
If we assume that every new innovation is Bid’at then what the munkir-e-Milad has to say about the following new innovations which were not existed at the time of Prophet.
Compilation of Quran
Adding first call to prayer on friday
Traveeh prayer with jamaat
Compilation of books of hadiths and so on
SOME GOOD BID’ATS IN OUR DAILY RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES (BID’AT-E-HASANA
We will now see that no worship in Islam is void of Bid’at-e-Hasana.
IMAAN: Every Muslim child is taught Imaan-e-Mujmal and Imaan-e-Mufassal whereas no such categories or names for Imaan were in practice in the age of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) or the three blessed generations after him.(*)
(*) By the three blessed generations we mean the ages of the Sahaba, the Tabe’een and the Tab’e Tabe’een.
KALIMAH: Every Muslim memorises six Kalimahs. These six Kalimahs, their enumeration and their sequence that, this is the first Kalimah, this the second, etc. are all Bid’ats which were not there in the commencing period of Islam.
QURAN: To divide the Holy Quran into thirty Paras (sections) and to divide the Paras into Rukus, to put the I’raab (expressions such as Zabbar, Zer, Pesh) in the Holy Quran and to have the Holy Book printed by offset in the press are Bid’ats which could not be traced in the commencing era of Islam.
HADITH: To collect the Hadith in book form and state the chain or narrators and to characterise the Hadiths by saying this is Sahih, this is Hassan or Da’if, Mu’addaal or Mudallas, etc. and to establish the commands with the help of Hadith such as Makruh, Mustahab, etc. are all appreciable Bid’ats which were not in practice in the blessed age of Rasulullah.
PRINCIPLES OF HADITH (USUL-E-HADITH): This whole branch of knowledge along with its rules is itself Bid’at Hasana.
FIQH: Now a days all the matters in our daily life depend upon this knowledge because it contains the rules and commands for everything which may come across our lives, but this field of knowledge also is Bid’at Hasana
FIQH AND I’LM-E-KALAAM: These two branches of knowledge too, along with their principles and injunctions are all Bid’at Hasana.
SALAAT: It is Bid’at-e-Hasana to intend for praying Salaat by proclaiming the intention loudly or to pray the 20 Rakaah Tarawih prayer in congregation during the Holy Month of Ramadaan.
FASTING: At the time of breaking fast (Iftaar) to say the Du’a: “O Allah, for Thee have I Fasted and in Thee I believe and upon Thee I trust and with the food given by Thee I open my fast” and to intend for fasting by saying this Du’a audibly at the time of SEHRI: “O Allah, I intend to fast for Thy sake tomorrow” are all Bid’at Hasana.
ZAKAAT: To give Zakaat with the currency which is currently used such as coins and paper notes is Bid’at because these were not in vogue in the commencing centuries of Islam.
HAJJ: To perform Hajj by travelling in aeroplanes, ships, cars, lorries, buses and to go to the field of Arafaat by car or bus are all Bid’ats because such conveyances had not been invented in that age.
When Bid’at has been introduced in such things as Imaan and Kalimah then how will we succeed in abstaining from it. So we will have to agree that all Bid’ats are not Haraam and only those Bid’ats are Haraam which contradict the Kitaab and Sunnah.
BID’AT IN WORDLY AFFAIRS: Now a days we see around us such new inventions that could not be found in the first three centuries of Islam and we got so much accustomed to them that life would be very difficult without them. Everyone is compelled to use these things such as trains, cars, aeroplanes, watches, electricity, and hundreds of other things, without which we cannot imagine how life would be. But all these things are Bid’ats and cannot be traced back to the blessed age of Rasulullah or the Sahaba.
What the Munkir-e-Milad has to say about these modern day bid’at which are now become the part of our religious activities for example:
Use of Loud Speakers and Microphone for conducting Daily and Friday prayers and delivering speeches.
Organizing Fund Raising dinners in Hotels for building Mosques, Madrassa etc. Why do not they issue fatwa of shirk, Kufr andBid’at for practicing the above new innovations in Islam.
Please don’t tell me you Munkir-e-Milad don’t use Loud speaker and don’t organize or attend Fund Raising Dinners.
SOME MODERN DAY BAD BID’ATS (BID’AT-E-SAI’YYA) WHICH ARE AGAINST ISLAM AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED HAS BEEN PRACTICED BY MUNKIR-E-MILAD. UNFORTUNATELY SOME OF OUR INNOCENT MUSLIMS FALLS INTO THEIR TRA!
Offering prayers with head’s uncovered i.e not wearing cap while offering prayers
Offering only fard part of the Namaz
Make no Dua after Namaz
Anounce the beginning of Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha in advance without sighting the Moon
Eating Haram burgers etc by invoking Bismillah on it so that it becomes halal.
Each of the above action is a new bad innovation in Islam i.e. Bid’at-e-Sai’yya, because by adopting these actions one is not only introducing new innovation in Islam but also at the same time he is abolishing the Sunnah of our Prophet which is direct violation of the commands of Allah Ta’ala.
REPLY TO OBJECTION #2
This is very unfortunate that in wordly affairs we are mentally impressed by the Westerners and in religious affairs we are impressed by the Arabs. Quran-ul-Hakeem has been revealed in Arabic and coincidentally Saudi Arabians speaks Arabic and our Holy places are in Saudi Arabia, We have natural respect for these but it does not mean that they are the only champions or authority of Islam. On the contrary, no where in the Quran and Hadees, Allah and His Rasul said that Muslims have to follow Saudia Arabia or Arabs or non-Arabs. Every where in Quran and Hadees it is stressed on Muslims to follow Allah and the Sunnah of our beloved prophet.
Also don’t forget the last sermon of our master Muhammad delivered in the Hajj-ul-wida where he stated that Arabs has no superiority over non-Arabs and Non-Arabs have no Superiority over Arabs, You are all equal except by piety and good action. It is the present day Saudi Arabia’s wahabis now salaffis goverment (which is installed by the Britishers [remember Lawrence of Arabia] in early 20th century) does not celebrate the birth of our Prophet . Otherwise if you go just beyond 75 years back in history of Saudi Arab when it was Hijaz-al-Muqaddas (in the period of Ottoman empires) you will find how enthusiastically Arabs of that time had been celebrated Milad-un-Nabi Even now a days except Saudi Arabia and its few ally, the whole Arab world Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Nigeria, Tunisia, Yemen, Sudan, Libya etc commemorate Milad-un-Nabi one way or the another. Allah has ordered us to follow His messenger and not to follow any particular country.
WARNING! BEWARE OF WOLF IN A SHEEP DISGUISE – PROTECT YOUR AQEEDAH FROM THE DACOIT OF IMAN
Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, Love and Respect of the Muhammad Mustufa is the corner stone of Iman. If we don’t Love and respect our beloved Prophet , How will we listen his message and follow his Sunnah. Remember Abu-Jahal and company, used to say Prophet Muhammad “you are a human like us! why should we follow you” and tried to find faults in the personality of the Prophet .The question arises here why all the time those kuffar called our beloved Prophet “You are a human like us”, There must be a very profound reason, The answer is very simple. If they convinced the people that Muhammad is an ordinary man like us, full of faults and defects then his divine message will automatically become faulty because an imperfect person cannot deliver a perfect message! The era of Rasulallah , Sahaba karaam, Taba’in and Taba Taba’in has been passed but unfortunately the saga continues, now this job of kuffar-e-Makkah has been taken over by enemies in disguise, with the same mission, i.e. to degrade our Prophet and his companions and extinguish the light of Ishq-e-Mustufa from the hearts of the Muslims in the name of Tauheed. Fortunately, our master Muhammad whom Allah Ta’ala given the knowledge of the unseen has already foretold us about such fitna. Thus the following Hadiths points to such fitna:
1) The Prophet said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “And also on our Najd.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our Najd.” I think the third time the Prophet said, “There (in Najd) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.” (Al-Bukhari) .
2) Allah’s Apostle said, “There will appear some people among you whose prayer will make you look down upon yours, and whose fasting will make you look down upon yours, but they will recite the Qur’an which will not exceed their throats (they will not act on it) and they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out through the game whereupon the archer would examine the arrowhead but see nothing, and look at the unfeathered arrow but see nothing, and look at the arrow feathers but see nothing, and finally he suspects to find something in the lower part of the arrow.” (Al-Bukhari)
3) “While we were with Allah’s Apostle who was distributing (i.e. some property), there came Dhu-l-Khuwaisira, a man from the tribe of Bani Tamim and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Do Justice.” The Prophet said, “Woe to you! Who could do justice if I did not? I would be a desperate loser if I did not do justice.” ‘Umar said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off.” The Prophet said, “Leave him, for he has companions who pray and fast in such a way that you will consider your fasting negligible in comparison to theirs. They recite Qur’an but it does not go beyond their throats (i.e. they do not act on it) and they will desert Islam as an arrow goes through a victim’s body, so that the hunter, on looking at the arrow’s blade, would see nothing on it; he would look at its Risaf and see nothing, he would look at its Nadi and see nothing, and he would look at its Qudhadh (1) and see nothing (neither meat nor blood), for the arrow has been too fast even for the blood and excretions to smear. The sign by which they will be recognized is that among them there will be a black man, one of whose arms will resemble a woman’s breast or a lump of meat moving loosely. Those people will appear when there will be differences amongst the people.” I testify that I heard this narration from Allah’s Apostle and I testify that ‘Ali bin Abi Talib fought with such people, and I was in his company. He ordered that the man (described by the Prophet ) should be looked for. The man was brought and I looked at him and noticed that he looked exactly as the Prophet had described him.” (Al-Bukhari)
4) “Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from Muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar Rahman that Abu Said said that he had heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, “A group of people will appear among you whose prayer, fasting and deeds will make you think little of your own prayer, fasting and deeds. They will recite the Qur’an, but it wil not get past their throats, and they will pass through the deen like an arrow passes through game. You look at the arrowhead, and you see nothing, and you look at the shaft, and you see nothing, and you look at the flights, and you see nothing. And you are in doubt about the notch.” (Al-Muwatta)
5) ‘Ali bin Abi Talib sent a piece of gold not yet taken out of its ore, in a tanned leather container to Allah’s Apostle. Allah’s Apostle distributed that amongst four persons: ‘Uyaina bin Badr, Aqra bin Habis, Zaid Al-Khail and the fourth was either Alqama or Amir bin At Tufail. On that, one of his companions said, “We are more deserving of this (gold) than these (persons).” When that news reached the Prophet, he said, “Don’t you trust me though I am the truthworthy man of the One in the Heavens, and I receive the news of Heaven (i.e. Divine Inspiration) both in the morning and in the evening?” There got up a man with sunken eyes, raised cheek bones, raised forehead, a thick beard, a shaven head and a waist sheet that was tucked up and he said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Be afraid of Allah.” The Prophet said, “Woe to you! Am I not of all the people of the earth the most entitled to fear Allah?” Then that man went away. Khalid bin Al-Wahd said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Shall I chop his neck off?” The Prophet said, “No, for he may offer prayers.” Khalid said, “Numerous are those who offer prayers and say by their tongues (i.e. mouths) what is not in their hearts.” Allah’s Apostle said, “I have not been ordered (by Allah) to search the hearts of the people or cut open their bellies.” Then the Prophet looked at him (i.e. that man) while the latter was going away and said, “From the offspring of this (man there will come out (people) who will recite the Qur’an continuously and elegantly but it will not exceed their throats. (They will neither understand it nor act upon it). They would go out of the religion (i.e. Islam) as an arrow goes through a game’s body.” I think he also said, “If I should be present at their time I would kill them as the nations of Thamud were killed.” (Al-Bukhari)
6) The Prophet said, “I have been made victorious with As-Saba (i.e. an easterly wind) and the people of ‘Ad were destroyed by Ad-Dabur (i.e. a westerly wind).” Narrated Abu Said: Ali sent a piece of gold to the Prophet who distributed it among four persons: Al-Aqra’ bin Habis Al-Hanzali from the tribe of Mujashi, ‘Uyaina bin Badr Al-Fazari, Zaid At-Ta’i who belonged to (the tribe of) Bani Nahban, and ‘Alqama bin Ulatha Al-‘Amir who belonged to (the tribe of) Bani Kilab. So the Quraish and the Ansar became angry and said, “He (i.e. the Prophet, ) gives the chief of Najd and does not give us.” The Prophet said, “I give (them) so as to attract their hearts (to Islam).” Then a man with sunken eyes, prominent checks, a raised forehead, a thick beard and a shaven head, came (in front of the Prophet ) and said, “Be afraid of Allah, O Muhammad!” The Prophet said, “Who would obey Allah if I disobeyed Him? (Is it fair that) Allah has trusted all the people of the earth to me while, you do not trust me?” Somebody who, I think was Khalid bin Al-Walid, requested the Prophet to let him chop that man’s head off, but he prevented him. When the man left, the Prophet said, “Among the off-spring of this man will be some who will recite the Qur’an but the Qur’an will not reach beyond their throats (i.e. they will recite like parrots and will not understand it nor act on it), and they will renegade from the religion as an arrow goes through the game’s body. They will kill the Muslims but will not disturb the idolaters. If I should live up to their time I will kill them as the people of ‘Ad were killed (i.e. I will kill all of them).” (Al-Bukhari)
7) One day the eminent Ashaab of the Holy Prophet were assembled around him and a person came by and stood at the edge of the Majlis Shareef. Immediately, he proceeded from there into Musjid-e-Nabawi Shareef. The Holy Prophet addressed the Sahaba and said: “Who amongst you will go and kill him?” Sayyiduna Abu Bakr As Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) got up and went towards this person who was engrossed in Salaah. He could not kill a person who was engrossed in Salaah, and returned to the Holy Prophet and explained the situation.
The Beloved Nabi of Allah stated again: “Who is it that will kill him?” Sayyiduna Omar Al Farouq (radi Allahu anhu) got up and
went towards that person and found him in the same situation.
For the third time the Holy Prophet stated: “Who is it that will kill him?” Sayyiduna Ali Al Murtudah (radi Allahu anhu) got up and said: “I will kill him”. The Holy Prophet said: “Yes, you