I write to you in the belief that Allah’s knowledge is infinite and that His mercy sent to us in the form of the Quran and His Rasool (s.a.w.) gives us guidance and a glimpse of an atom of His knowledge.
Whilst reading I came across this verse that has left me pondering:
Surah Ta Ha; verse 119 sates in translation that
“You will never be thirsty here, nor will you be exposed to sunlight.” (Muhammad Madani)
“Nor to suffer from thirst nor from the sun’s heat.” (Yusuf Ali)
And that thou thirstest not therein nor art exposed to the sun’s heat. (Pickthal)
And you (will) suffer not from thirst therein nor from the sun’s heat. (Dr Mohsin)
Nor that thou shalt thirst therein nor shall suffer from the sun. (Abdul Daryabadi)
In consideration that this is told to Aadam (A.S.) and Hawa (A.S.) in regard to Jannah; my questions went to:
(1) Is there a mistranslation?
(2) Was the Garden that Aadam (A.S.) and Hawa (A.S.) in, close to in relation to the sun, that we know?
(3) Sura As-Saaffat, Ayat 6: “Lo! We have adorned the lowest heaven with an ornament, the planets;”
(4) Where is Jannah, even though generally thought as beyond the universe?
(5) Is there a needed paradigm shift?
Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh