Question ID: 27787

Is a “gadaad” permissible?

Assalaam mu alaykum

Muftie please read up on Imam al Gaddad & his ratieb & his spiritual order of tasawuf before condemning it. All adhkar of the ratieb was taken from Hadith. I have a kitab which explains the Wird Al Latif also from the same sheikh which is complete with a sharh explaining each of the dhikrs & from which hadith it was taken from. The Wird Al Latif & Ratieb Al Haddad are nearly exactly the same. & it is mentioned in other kitaabs that the award of the sufies are meritorious & recommended even though bidah like so many other things like having daru ulums & syllabi taught in them. Please respond quickly.

Marked as spam
Asked on January 4, 2009 12:00 am
Private answer
No. Read on site all our research on Zikr. Deen is complete. Shariaat is perfect. The way to get nearness to Allaah have been shown to us by Rasulullaah (S.A.W) if we going to add then we stating (Allaah Protect us) that he, (S.A.W) failed to convey the total message of Islaam onto us. Zikr is rewardable, laudable. Soft Zikr is better than audible Zikr. Loud Zikr held in unision in congregation in the Masjid is not proven. Hadhrat Abdullaah ibn Masood (R.A) says "Follow in our footsteps, and do not innovate (new things). Indeed, you have been sufficed" (Al I'tisaam Pg 54 Vol 1) and Hadhrat Huzaifah (R.A.) States: "Do not many Ibaadat that the Sahabah of Rasulullaah (S.A.W) did not do" (Ibid - Pg 113, Vol 1)
Did Rasulullaah (S.A.W), Sahabah (R.A) do 'gaddad' and 'ratieb'. Are we trying to say we know more than them, ?? The ways to gain proximity onto Allaah have been explained use that which approved and which Allaah and His Rasul are happy with. To individually make the Zikr proven from the Ahadith is permissable, as long as it is done when and where it is to be done. E.G. one cannot read the duaa after Adhaan after eating and visa versa. Although both are proven. Understand well.
Can you please forward Mufti AK Hoosein's statement and also Mufti Siraj Desai and also Mufti Emh Saljees statements. Sanha has its own Shariat department. We suggest you go to "Muslim Mediation of Arbatration Council" or "Muslim Consumer Council" or get the KZN Jamiat to take action or get 12 Influential business men to launch your cause. Currently we regard all parties as stubborn/stong headed thus refuse to comment anymore.
Marked as spam
Answered on January 4, 2009 12:00 am