Question ID: 25341

Asaw Mufti.

My aunt is divorced. She is now paying off a bond on the house that she and her 2 children(18,16yrs) live in, which she received after legal intervention after the divorce. She also has a car which the ex husband is paying for but will be transferred onto her name after it is freehold. She works but has now been put on short time. She cannot meet the expenses of the bond any more. Her ex husband pays for the children’s education and gives R1200.00 for both for the rest (xtra tuition,clothes, food, petrol expenses for their schooling etc). She only has a gold ring worth about R3000.00 and does not possess any other gold jewelery.

1) Can she be given zakaat money to meet her expenses?

2) Can be be given interest money to pay off the bond?


Marked as spam
Asked on April 8, 2009 12:00 am
Private answer
1) After disposing of the ring, yes
2) Yes
Marked as spam
Answered on April 8, 2009 12:00 am