Respected Mufti Sb,
If you could be kind to answer the followying please:
1) The annual membership fees that are stipulated by Masjid committies if this isn’t paid on time, is it regarded as a debt and will it be deducted when giving zakat?
2) If the person has financial difficulties but is still forced to pay without his pleasure, is it permissible for the committee to accept the money?
3) Does someone have to be compelled to pay this fee?
4) If not paid, is it allowed for the committiee to not allow the person to send his kids to their madrassah, or have his ghusl mayyat done at the same masjid?
5) If the masjid is having construction work done a large amount is fixed by the committee that all members MUST pay, is this force or compellsion allowed?
6) What is your opinion of such membership fees that our masjids have?
Please note that the questions are for my own understanding.