What should be done if ones Husbands ex-wife keeps in contact with ones husband?

Question ID: 23967

Asalaamualaikum Mufti
please advise on the following. The man I would like to marry, has an x wife. She lives alone with their 2 kids who are 9 years old.She constantly calls him and sms him regarding petty things like bread and milk and tomato sauce and says these are for the kids. I feel this is wrong as he pay maintenance for the kids and she is not his responsibility any longer.they talk like friends.I feel this is not correct.He thinks I am being unreasonable and being dificult. please advise and also advise how to explain to him in a nice way and make him understand they are divorced and should not be in contact except for major necessities regarding the kids.he also feels that if he says no to her, she uses it against him telling the kids their father does not care about them.this is a major problem between us and i need mufti’s help. is there someone mufti recommends with a strong personality we can go to to advise us before we marry.plz make dua for us.jazakallah.

Marked as spam
Asked on August 23, 2010 12:00 am
Private answer

His bahviour is un-Islaamic.
This will lead to social trouble and difficulties.
This Shaari illegal interaction is not valid.
He should get a list and deliver once a week without contact.

Marked as spam
Answered on August 23, 2010 12:00 am