What should be done if ones husband has not given one a divorce

Question ID: 23784

I got married recently but after a few months, was not able to make the marriage work due to some issues. We tried to work it out, but that was proven to be fruitless. We tried to reconcile but that also never work out.
I have now been separated for +/- 3 months. During the first month, he asked me to come get my things which i did and he was going to courier me some documents. Unfortunately, no such documents ever came into my possession.
He went to the Jamait and asked a Moulana about the procedure for divorce. The Moulana called me for find out a few details, then gave him all the information and papers for him to send me. This took place just before Ramadan.
Now, they seem to be prolonging the process for a reason which i do not know. My representative has called them on numerous occasions to find out whats happening and to know when the divorce will go through, but they always make some sort of excuse as to why they prolonging it. Don’t get me wrong, they are not looking for a reconciliation as they would have tried to contact me before now. I have not spoken or seen my husband during this time at all.
Can you please tell me what I should do now. I don’t want to wait till he decides when is the right time. I know that if i give him a khula, that i have to give my mehr back, but is there any other way in which this procedure can be sped up without me doing that?
Jazakallah for doing a gr8 job on this site.

Marked as spam
Asked on August 29, 2010 12:00 am
Private answer

Use the influence of your representative to apply pressure to get finality on the matter
He should contact the Jamiat Moulana also get those who were your agent and witnesses of Nikah to intercede.

Marked as spam
Answered on August 29, 2010 12:00 am