What rights does a mother have over her children if she has given full custody to the father after divorce

Question ID: 24692

as-salaam-u-alaikum mufi saab
I was married for ten years and now divorced for nine months after finding out my wife had an affair.I was granted full custody by the court of our two children who are four years and six years old and are currently residing with me and my mother ever scince my divorce.She willingly gave me full custody of the kids reason being she wanted to marry this man and start a new job.Now that she is settled in her life she wants partial access to the children.
My following questions are:
1)Since she has given up her kids what rights do’es she have over them?
2)Since she is working for an insurance company is her earnings harram,and if so can i disallow the children from accepting gifts or food from her?

Marked as spam
Asked on October 10, 2010 12:00 am
Private answer

1) Nothing
2) No

Marked as spam
Answered on October 10, 2010 12:00 am