South African Deobandi ‘Ulama and Peers (who are the khulafa of senior Shuyookh from India) are now giving bayaans and holding Majaalis in Berelwi Masaajid.
It interesting to note the this is being done by those very same Deobandi ‘Ulama/Peers who had started off the Rabiul Awwal ‘Seerah Conferences’ several years ago and the same ones who conduct loud halqah zikr in the Masjid.
I understand that this issue of Deobandi Ulama/Peers giving bayaans and Majaalis in Berelwi Masaajid is probably not something that requires a new fatwa.
1. What is the fatwa of Hadhrat Mufti Rashid Ahmed Gangohi (Rahmatullahi Alayh), Hadhrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (Rahmatullahi Alayh), Hadhrat Shaikh-ul-Hind (Rahmatullahi Alayh) or any of the other Akaabir Ulama on this?
Confusion is now also caused for us laypeople. We know that Salaah behind Bid’atis, Qabar Poojaris and Salaami-singers is not right at all – and only done out of need when no alternative Masjid is available.
2. What is the ruling on traveling specifically to a Bid’ati Masjid and performing Salaah behind a Bid’ati Imaam, all with the intention of listening to the bayaan of a Deobandi Aalim/Peer in that same Bid’ati Masjid?
3. What is the ruling on Deobandi ‘Ulama attending Berelwi Moulood parties in the Masjid to give a bayaan, but not actually participate in the Salaami itself? A Deobandi Aalim in KZN has actually done this sometime ago; I have heard it from the Aalim himself as though nothing was wrong in this action.
4. Why do Deobandi Ulama/Peers see the need to associate with Bid’atis?
5. How should errant Deobandi Ulama/Peers be corrected? What can the layman do?
6. Can it be said that if this issue is not corrected then over time Deobandi Ulama/Peers will start giving bayaans in Shia and Qadiyani Temples?
7. Please comment on this whole issue.
Marked as spam
Question ID: 17467